Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Glass...is it half empty or half full?

I was irritated the other day when I came upon a survey that asked if the glass was half-empty or half-full. I was even greater annoyed by the fact that the person wrote that it was "Definatly half empty. Life sucks." I cannot reason or understand as to why the glass is always half-empty to people. I personally like to say that the glass may be half-empty at times, and at other times it is half-full...the thing we dont realize is that there is always someone who will refill our glass. If you go through life saying how much life sucks and you dont do anything to try and improve that life than how can you ever get your glass refilled? It's like being at a resturant and complaining that the waitress isnt refilling your glass, but the whole time you are holding your hand over the glass so it cannot be refilled. If you wallow in your misery you will always do so. If you try to make a difference then you will. "When I hear somebody in sigh 'Life is Hard' I am tempted to ask, "Compared to what?' " (Sydney Harrris) I have also met people who are all "I've tried for years and nothing is happening, I give up." That is ridiculous. Nothing can come about in such a short time. Of course you may be the lucky few who does have good fortune just laid at their fingertips in their first shot at it but for us less-fortunate people we have to work harder at it and for many years. Also, if it's not working out for you the way you planned then you are obviously crossing your T's where you should be dotting your I's. Take a day and reflect on what you've been doing. You may see that you have just gotten yourself from one rut to another, there may be something in the formula you have to change. Like they say: "When one door of happiness closes another opens, BUT often we look at the closed door so long that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." (Helen Keller)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home