Monday, March 27, 2006

V is for Vendetta!

V for Vendetta! The catch line of which is: People should not be afraid of their governments. Government should be afraid of their people.

Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V For Vendetta tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (NATALIE PORTMAN) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked man (HUGO WEAVING) known only as ā€œV.ā€ Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about Vā€™s mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself ā€“ and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plan to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.

The movie I thought was going to be horrible and honestly I was tricked into seeing it as I was invited to the theatre with my mother and did not ask what movie. I was a tad dissapointed when I arrived and found out it was in fact V for Vendetta. I was even further surprised to find though that within the first 3 minutes of watching it I was captivated and truly wished the movie wouldnt end and that this "V" guy was real and that I knew him. The film was both serious and funny so as to keep us humored as well as to peel our eyes open to what he had to say to us. It's not just a what if situation but he was talking about things going on today which not everyone understood I am sure. The fight scenes were incredible as was the ending part where Evey was "set free" (you'll see what I mean) the only thing that could have improved was the story telling of "V"'s life because it was a bit strewn all over the place but they still pulled it together. It all made sense by the time they finished his story.
The thing that most intrigued me about this movie was the actor who played V was able to pull off so much emotion and just the whole character with NO facial expressions. You didnt see his face once yet you could almost see him cry, be sad, laugh, smile and all that. The acting for him was beyond superb, it truly amazed me. I also thought the slow down action scenes were beyond cool because they showed all of his moves and drew out the scene so you could actually appreciate his moves instead of the fast paced action movies where they need to put in 30 fight scenes to make up for the one fast one. There was no pointless murder or killing sprees. He only killed when he needed to defend himself or when there was a point behind it. This left only about 4 or 5 fight scenes in the entire movie. For an action movie that is amazing to be able to have that few and still have a great movie. The speech V gave evey in the opening was also stupendous! I didnt know there were so many V words! LOL I was also in stitches when the scene drifted to him cooking in an apron later on. So I definatly loved this movie.
Again, two kudos for the movie and I will be first in line to purchase this movie. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home